Last updated on 15th December 2018
ABS India, its subsidiaries and branch operations hereinafter referred as ‘ABS’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is committed to respect your privacy and choices. The statement highlights our privacy practices regarding Personal Information that we collect and store about you through this website and also for those Personal Information that you provide us while participating in our events and campaigns.
- Personal Information we collect and process and how we use it
I.1 Personal Information that we process
For the purposes of this privacy statement, ‘Personal Information’ is any data which relates to an individual who may be identified from that data, or from a combination of a set of data, and other information which is in possession of ABS India.
In general, you may browse our website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. However, we collect certain information such as
- Information that you provide via our website, including information you provide when you register on our website e.g. name, email address, designation, company, country and telephone number;
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Site, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, demographics, your computers’ operating system, and browser type and information collected via cookies
- Cookies are small text files that, like most other Web servers, we place in your device that you use to access our website. This is done to recognize your device during a session or in your future visits to our website, primarily in order to provide better user experience.
· Types of cookies used:
- Session cookie:Session cookies remain only as long as a browsing session is active, and are intended to avoid user inconvenience during browsing. These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session and expire at the end of the browsing session. Session cookies also assist the user in navigating the website, and allow the user to access secure parts of the webpage when logged in.
- Persistent cookie:Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s device even after termination of a browsing session. It helps in recalling the preferences or actions of the user. Persistent cookies are used for a variety of purposes such as retaining the visitor’s language and regional preference(s) at the end of each browsing session. We use services of third-party analytics service provider to analyse cookies to carry out a behavioural analysis in order to enhance user experience and convenience, and also to provide targeted and relevant content to visitors. Depending on the type and settings of your browser, cookies may be accepted by default. You may change the settings of your browser to delete existing cookies or prevent future cookies from being automatically accepted. If you disable cookies, certain parts and functions of our website may not be available. You can learn more about cookies at abut cookies.org.
I.2. Use of your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance;
- to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently;
- to create your user ID;
- to identify you once you register on our website;
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests; and
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences.
- to process job application and alumni related requests, more details about which are available on corresponding portals of this website.
I.3. Legal basis of the processing
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are the party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. This applies in any case where we provide services to you pursuant to a contract, such as when you use our website or process your registration on the website. If you do not provide the Personal Information that we need in order to provide our services, we will not be able to provide our services to you. We process your Personal Information for the performance of a contract in the following circumstances:
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance; and
- to create your user ID.
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party (when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights). This applies in the following circumstances:
- to identify you once you register on our website; and
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently; and
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences.
- Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is mandatory to process your request, we may not be able to provide the corresponding service.
III. Data recipients, transfer, and disclosure of Personal Information:
ABS do not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes without seeking your prior permission.
We share your Personal Information within
- ABS or with any of its subsidiaries;
- Business partners;
- Service vendors;
- Authorized third-party agents; or
In general, ABS India, domiciled in Bangalore, is the data controller processing your Personal Information.
- Access, correction, objection of your Personal Information:
You have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer your Personal Information that we hold, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to certain processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your Personal Information, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your Personal Information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information.
- Data security
ABS India adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Information.
- Data retention
Personal Information will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
VII. Linked websites
ABS India provides links to third-party websites and services. However, ABS India is not responsible for the privacy statements, practices, or the contents of such third-party websites.
VIII. How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or this privacy statement, please contact us at:
Contact person: Anis Mohamed
Contact address: ABS India, # 330, ‘2F’ Cross, East of NGEF Layout, Near RTO, Kasturinagar East, Dooravaninagar Post, Bangalore 560 016, India
- Updates to this privacy statement
ABS India may change the data privacy practices and update this privacy statement as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the website. But our commitment to protect the privacy of website users will continue to remain.
330, '2F' Cross, East of NGEF Layout,
Near RTO, Kasturinagar East,
Phone: +91 80 2566 7750
Fax: +91 80 2566 7751